Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day Twenty Six

I have a couple pairs of jeans that I rarely wear because 1) they are flare cut and 2) they are pale blue. Both of those factors just don't do it for me. So I got to thinking, I'm sure it's possible to turn flare jeans into skinny jeans... it can't be that hard right? So I went to digging around the internet and found a couple videos (this is one of the better ones) and today I started on one of the pairs. After I've altered them (assuming I do it well enough to wear them regularly) I plan on either dying them darker or bleaching them white. Or both, since I have two pairs of these jeans!

I have crappy webcam photos of me wearing them as a before as well as with a bunch of pins in it, but they are on my husband's computer and I want to go to bed so I'll add them tomorrow. Sorry.

For now, I just have this photo of the jeans after I cut out the extra fabric from the flares. Unfortunately I've already messed up; at least in the video she leaves the extra there while sewing so that there's room to mess up, then cuts it out after everything's sewn up. Blllaaaaarrggh that's what I get for not watching the video all the way through before diving into a project. Typical Jessica! Guess I'll just have to not mess up. Ha. Likely.

Ok, time for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment