Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day Three

I'd had a bigger project planned for today, but I ended up not having time, so I made a small painting instead.

It started out as frustration - haphazardly smearing white and black acrylic paint around - then I added some color (hooray for finger painting!) and ended up with something I rather like. I painted it horizontally but I also think it might look nice vertically, I can't decide. Once I get my new etsy shop set up, I'll put it up.

It's been a long time coming for me to admit that I may actually prefer abstract art to more realistic art. At first all I wanted to do was perfect my people drawing and sculpting skills, but eventually I realized that I am such a perfectionist that drawing people stresses me out rather than being calming, not to mention taking hours and hours. More abstract painting, focusing on color or value or texture instead of trying to accurately represent a subject, is actually very therapeutic.




3 comments:

  1. I love, love love this. At first I looked at it and thought "Oh, my favourite poppies and cornflowers. Then I thought "no it's Flanders Field" A little weird, I know but that's me and why you love me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... and it can be anything you want! It's not weird, haha. I DO love you! Now tell me when we can skype!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete