Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day Six

I can never quite get my posts up by midnight, so it looks like I'm always a day behind. Unfortunately, I predict this trend will continue throughout the majority of the year...

Anyway. I just have a sketch today- I was watching the first episode of the third season of Downton Abbey, which aired today! There was this completely beautiful shot that I tried sketching, but of course I didn't do it justice at all. There should be a line of four or five servants standing waiting with the face of the abbey behind them just where my paper ends. And I should have gone crazy with a smudge stick/blendy thing to make my shading smooth, but obviously I didn't and I probably won't- unless it ends up driving me crazy and distracting me from anything else. Which is likely.

I just googled "drawing smudge stick" to make sure it was the right term, and it turns out they're also called torchons or tortillons! Who knew? I think I like the technical term "blendy things" better though.



No comments:

Post a Comment