Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day One

Though I'm starting this blog on the 2nd, I did make a small piece of "art" on the 1st. It was very last minute because my husband and I came up with the idea to do this as we were getting ready for bed last night around 11 pm. I really wanted to start on January 1st (mostly because it sounds cooler) so I ran to create something semi-artistic before it became January 2nd! 

I like this idea of creating poetry by subtracting words rather than adding them, but I know if I had more time I could have done something I was more pleased with. I don't particularly like the vaguely bat-like blob I drew around the words I picked out. Not to mention that I'm hardly a poet...


Ugh, and the photo is terrible. Saving up for a real camera is another goal of mine (right now all we have to take pictures with is an iPhone). 

Oh well. At least I know there's nowhere to go but up, right?

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I'm so excited for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too Jessica! Could I use it on a free Creativity for Wellbeing website that I am creating. I'll attribute the idea to you of course if you came up with it and give you the link when it's complete if I can have your email. Is that okay with you? Richard x

    ReplyDelete