Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 187... or Not.

This post should be Day 187... but instead it is still only Day 46.

I have missed 142 days of keeping my goal to work on art every day and blog about it.

I did that thing I always did with journals growing up: I missed one day. That one day made it easy to justify missing another day, then I'd missed a week, then it was too overwhelming to catch up on everything I'd missed, then I just got depressed every time I thought about my failure, which made it even more impossible to start again.

But.

I am starting again.

I really want this blog to be a part of me, not just something lurking in my head making me depressed every time I think about it. I am choosing not to fail.

I have been struggling a lot lately with issues surrounding the question "Who the heck am I?" and I think a starting point is to get back into art. If I make a conscious decision to make art a part of me then I am just a little bit closer to figuring out who the heck I am, right?

So, first things first. I have done some artsy stuff  in the last 142 days, so I think I'm going to do one big post with all of those, then dive right back into my art every day and hopefully stick with it this time.

Here we go! I'm excited to be here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment